What if a bubble gum sticks to your hair? You can’t remove it by washing your hair or shampooing them. Today we will tell you about different easy ways to clean gum from your hair without cutting it.
The peanut butter method is the most effective.
Things you need:
- Peanut Butter
- A toothbrush or a Comb (You can even use your fingers)
- Soft cloths
- Although there are many varieties of peanut butter available in supermarkets, you need a peanut butter with high oil content. Oil in peanut butter is the main thing which helps to remove chewing gum.
- Apply peanut butter on the gum area and work into the hair using a comb or toothbrush. You can also use your fingers, it’s all up to you.
- Keep peanut butter in the gum area for about 15-20 minutes so that the oils in the butter can get mixed up with the gum properly.
- After some time you will notice that the gum will start to remove and break.
- Take a soft cloth to wipe the gum residue left on the hair. Once the bubblegum is properly removed, wash/shampoo your hair as usual.
Removing Gum From Hair Using Other Home Ingredients
Choose any one among the following ingredients mentioned below:
- Cooking Oil
- Baby Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Choose any one item among the three items mentioned above.
- Apply your selected item, on the gummed area and work into the hair using a comb or a toothbrush.
- Continue working into the hair or leave the item on your gummed area for 15-20 minutes, until you notice that the gum has started to break and remove.
- Once all the gum is removed, take a paper towel or a soft cloth and wipe the gummed area.
- Afterward, wash your hair with a shampoo.
The removal of gum depends on several factors like the length of time it has been on the hair or the amount of gum. You can repeat the steps if you are not getting good results. Be very patient and if one method does not work then stick to another.