India is the most extraordinary land on the globe. Its present form is result of continuous collaboration of man and nature. What’s that a human mind can imagine and doesn’t exit in India. Roaring rivers, high peaks of mountains, winding roads and wonderful pieces of architecture make Indian nation blessed and proud. Indian history has been written with construction of architectural structures and it is still being written in this way. To give a little tribute to skilled architects, let’s fly over these landmarks .
- Somnath temple: This 7 storeyed temple is symbol of exquisite art. Its interior is embedded with gems and jewels. It is remarkable work of Chalukya Architecture.
- Golden temple: It is coated with gold. Its hand painted patterns are combination of Mughal and Indian architectural skills.
- Nagina mosque: It is built in pure Mughal style such as white marble, domes and carvings. Its balconies are matchless with their unique patterns on lattice screen.
- Basilica of Bom Jesus Church: It is built with laterite stone. It has carved basalt embellishments. It is decorated in Baroque style that adds charm to this beautiful church.
- Amba Vilas Palace: Beautifully built with granite and pink marble. Its roof built on pillars and arches make it look artistic.
- Jai Vilas Palace: This 3 storey palace is remarkable combination of Tuscan, Italian-Doric and Corinthian art.
- Laxmi Vilas Palace: Exquisite form of art, with multi-coloured marbles and mosaic tiles.
- Gateway of India: Indo-Saracenic architectural piece, built in yellow basalt, has intricate latticework. It also shows some Muslim art of building through its grandeur.
- Gate of India: Its structure is a triumphal arch, built in yellow and red stones, a shallow dome covers its asymmetrical steps.
- Red Fort: It is pinnacle of Mughal art, marked by stream of paradise. It offers fine sculpting and ornamental work.
- Jaisalmer Fort: This 5 storey architectural monument offers marvellous Rajput style of building. Its splendour surrounds city of Jaisalmer with palaces, which are built in style of jharoka and jali.
This is amazing India! Incredible land! Right friends?